Wednesday 1 February 2012

Spanish Holiday January 2012

Well back to reality and the cold! Geoff and I had a lovely restful two weeks in Spain on the Costa del Sol. Unusual for us as we normally dash here there and everywhere. I read three books a luxuary for me to be able to do. Having seen the film I read the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson, The Man from St Petersburg by Ken Follett and The Last Templar by Raymond Khoury. I had never even heard of the last author but I shall now be looking out for other books by him. We ate in all the local fish restaurants and had some lovely walks along the sea front. Although it was sunny and warm there was a cool breeze and it was cold in the evenings but apparently we were lucky as the last few years the weather there has been aweful in January. We liked the place so much we have boked to go again in April and take our Grandson so he can have a plane ride again. Today I have a lady coming to cliam her birthday present from her sister, a day working with me. I am teaching her how to make my embroidered silk bowls. I shall also make a start on the embroidery on Iolathes veil. Rehearsals are going well for that. I still find it hard to believe that I am a 'principle!' and not a chorus member. Our producer keeps telling me to stay in the middle of the stage and not scuttle back to the chorus when I deliver lines!

1 comment: