Thursday 2 June 2011

Good news and Quilting

Well the good news was that Geoff is none the worse for his stay in Hospital and he has nothing nasty lurking inside him now. It seems a long time ago now. These two pictures are of a small quilted hanging. I played with a photo I had taken when we were in California and printed it onto cotton fabric. I then made the Californian poppies separately from hand painted fabric and applied them. The little sand squirrel was hand embroidered and the whole pieces was machine quilted. it is a practice piece for when I tackle my larger printed picture. I am really pleased with the result considering I really have no idea what I am doing when it comes to quilting. I know that there are certain rules you are supposed to follow but rules are made to be broken. 

No comments:

Post a Comment